Ill Fated Ikoyi Building,Courtesy:AFP

Ikoyi  Building Collapse: Names, Ages  Of Survivors   Announced

The Lagos State Government has announced the names of survivors of the 21-storey building that collapsed on Monday in the Ikoyi axis of the state.

According to the government, the survivors are recuperating at the Lagos Marina Hospital.

The state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, read out the names and ages of the survivors while addressing the press during his second visit to the site on Wednesday.

The governor said six of the nine survivors are currently undergoing treatment while three have been discharged.

The names of the survivors, as announced by the governor, are: Odutan Timileyin, 26-year-old man; Ahmed Kenleku, 19- year-old man from Cotonou, Benin Republic; Sunday Monday, a 21-year-old man who suffered a leg fracture; Adeniran Mayowa, a 37-year-old man who suffered a hip injury; Shola Bade Nurudeen, 33-years old man, who has a pelvic injury; and Waliu Lateef, 32-year-old.

Sanwo-Olu stated that three survivors had been discharged, but did not specify their gender or give any further detail about them.

He admitted that “mistakes were made from all angles” leading to the incident during his visit to the scene of the incident on Wednesday.

“This is an event that one can say that indeed mistakes were made from all angles and this is an event that truly really shouldn’t be happening in a modern-day city like Lagos state”, he said.

The Governor also noted that anyone found culpable would face the wrath of the law noting that he instructed the indefinite suspension of the General Manager, Lagos State Building Control Agency, Gbolahan Oki, an architect.

“We would say that we had to take from the head, from the leadership of that agency. Be rest assured that if there are other people that are found in the course of the investigation, everybody will face the full wrath of the law”, he said.

He also issued a 30-day timeline to the panel of enquiry set up to investigate and submit a report on the cause of the collapse of the building.

Meanwhile, the governor said the identities of some of the construction workers including the project manager were unknown.

He said some officials have been to their residence but they couldn’t find anyone.

“If you check the boards, their names have been cleaned up. There are things there that have been cleaned up, the telephone numbers you have there is the same telephone we have called across”, he said.

An official of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), who refused to be named because he was not authorised to speak with journalists, said that 17 families have filed the missing persons forms so far.

These families are believed to have their members buried under the rubble.

THEWILL also gathered that a female bag containing a phone and a power bank was found under the debris.

(THEWILL)

About Notable Outcome

Check Also

Tinubu’s Supporters Demand Replacement Of Muslim VP Candidate With A Christian

(By Chris K.Amadi) – The last is yet to be heard and seen about agitations …

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments